DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > DIY Home Improvement > Windows and Doors > Antique door knobs

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-05-2009, 10:59 AM  
Christian

Default Antique door knobs

I just replaced a bunch of door knobs in the house...which I think were original from 1948.

Someone told me these may be worth some money and I should try to sell them when I replace them....but I don't know that anyone would even want them.

Does anyone think it would be worth it to post them on ebay or craigslist or something like that to try and get a few bucks for them?

They are in working condition and have no physical damage/scratches/etc, just tarnished a bit as expected.

Thanks!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-25-2009, 02:47 PM  
midunno

someone restoring an older home might be interested in them.. they aren't glass are they? lotta people like those... is there an antique dealer in town? you might ask them... if you post on ebay already it could be worth the hassle.. craigslist is easier.. but not so large an audience. maybe even just post a pic on here? someone here might like 'em? i dunno if that's "legal" though

Old 02-10-2010, 01:11 PM  
Doorguy4ya
door guy 4 ya

Send a message via Yahoo to Doorguy4ya

There are alot of Antique and Heritage foundations that you can list them with. I've installed alot of Antique hardware on old homes being restored. also, they usually do well on Ebay for as little as you have to pay to list them. List them as complete Antique door knob sets all in one box set, someone will buy them...

Quick Reply