DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > DIY Home Improvement > Windows and Doors > Casement Window Replacement Parts??

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-28-2013, 06:31 PM  
Curmudgeon10
Projects

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Casement Window Replacement Parts??

I have a pair of casement (crank open) windows that the builder no doubt had laying around surplus. The interior metal parts (a pair of lever locks for each sash, and the crank/housing) are dark bronzy looking and stand out starkly --- clash ---from all the other trim in the house, which is white.

I'm guessing replacing the lever locks with something white is no big deal, but is it possible to replace the crank and its housing/mechanism as well?

Yes, I could spray these parts white, but I'm getting ready to start a big buck remodel of the kitchen, where these two windows are located, so I want something with a durable factory finish.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply