Restating the problem..
Trolley is on door side. Not against stop bolt on the opener side. Garage door no longer opens
What I have tried so far:
- Replaced gear and sprocket. It did not make a difference
- Removed chain from gear. Disconnected garage door. Motor turns fine clockwise and anticlockwise with chain removed
- Connect chain. Garage still door disconnected. Press wall switch to open. Chain tightens on one side but trolley does not reverse. The other side of the chain is loose. But one side is really tight
- With chain tight on one side, try one more time. Just a small buzz and GDO blinks 5 times and does that over and over. No movement
- I have not changed the limits or the force.
From what I have read, it appears that the problem can be any of the following
- Limits or Force out of adjustment
- Starting capacitor
- RPM sensor
- Bad logic board or a cold solder on the logic board
- Gear and Sprocket
Can anyone guide me on the next step to troubleshoot. I already bought the gear and sprocket but it did not fix the problem. I want to avoid buying the capacitor, RPM sensor or logic board.