DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > DIY Home Improvement > Windows and Doors > Garage door does not open (trolley stuck?)

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-19-2013, 06:57 PM  
alu2007

Liked 4 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by alu2007 View Post
Hi Mike,

I think I finally got the limits to work. I was having problems to get the limits to stay. I think it is probably because the garage door is not balanced and may be causing too much drag on the limits. I am going to get the door balanced and post back. For now after a couple of attempts the garage door is connected and limits are holding up. Thanks again for your help. I will post back with more info once door is balanced.

Thanks,
Alu

Hi all,
Posting back as promised. I had to get a garage door guy to get my door balanced. However, we found that the limits kept changing each time the garage door was closed or opened. So we looked opened the box and inspected the gear assembly again. We found that the issue with the limit switch was due to a wear out of the bushing (photo attached) on the gear shaft. If you look closely the bushing hole has become oval. Due to this, the lower (small) drive gear was rotating extra turns, causing the limits to go out of whack. Once this bushing was replaced, the limits issue was fixed.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-19-2013, 08:17 PM  
firehawkmph

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 1

So everything is working well now?
Mike Hawkins

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-20-2013, 10:43 AM  
alu2007

Liked 4 Times on 2 Posts

Quote: