DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > DIY Home Improvement > Windows and Doors > New installed garage door will not open all the way ?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-06-2011, 07:26 AM  
johnism

Default New installed garage door will not open all the way ?

I just installed a brand new 1/2 power garage door all connection are good and sensor are working correctly .
I can manually open the garage all the way no issues , but when I try the opener it goes up about a foot off of the ground about 6 inches past the sensor and then it stops . Then when I press the button and it returns to the ground with no issues .

I have tried adjusting t the upward force with no luck ( same results ).

Thanks for any help of suggestions ,
john

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-06-2011, 09:41 AM  
joecaption

Liked 36 Times on 31 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Two things I can think of is miss adjust eye sencers. Most have a red and green LED in at least one of them. It needs to be a steady glowing green light in some cases. Others just have a steady red light.
The second thing I'd look at is how the rails and sencers are attached. Some are just a clip on sencer that clips to the rails, but I've seen them many times have such a poor mount where the rail mounts to the wall the track moves and trip the sencers.

Old 11-06-2011, 04:23 PM  
kok328
Supporting Member

Liked 71 Times on 66 Posts
Likes Given: 50

Take a look at what convention they are utilizing for a limit switch. It might be that the limit switch is being made at the wrong time.

Quick Reply