DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > DIY Home Improvement > Windows and Doors > Ok with repairs, need parts

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-09-2007, 06:19 PM  
sefness

Default Ok with repairs, need parts

I've been over the web for 3hrs now and finally have give in to the fact that I must have help finding a good source for window parts. Every where you go it's let us replace them for you without many offers of parts. I have no idea what name brand these windows are but if you have a house built in the 70/80's you probably have aluminum doulble pane windows or had them before you give in to replacements. What I need is the little plastic or nylon shoe that keeps the bottom of the window from rubbing metal to metal. These parts are not the typical one found in Home Hepot. They are pieces that snap into the bottom of the frame around the glass pane. I know time is near for replacing these windows but for now this inexpensive part can save me a bundle.

Any help finding a place for these parts is greatly appreciated

Thanks,

Sefness

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-11-2007, 06:34 PM  
inspectorD
Housebroken
HRT_MODERATOR.png

Liked 119 Times on 99 Posts
Likes Given: 260

Default Hmm....

Most of these places don't make the parts because it is not cost effective for them. See if you can make something like it or track down a window supplier in your area and take the piece with you....they may have seen it, or have one.

Good luck.

Just My
Made in the

Old 06-14-2007, 10:35 AM  
donnap

Default We might have what you are looking for

What type of window is it? Double hung? Slider?

www.swisco.com

We specialize in replacement hardware.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefness View Post
I've been over the web for 3hrs now and finally have give in to the fact that I must have help finding a good source for window parts. Every where you go it's let us replace them for you without many offers of parts. I have no idea what name brand these windows are but if you have a house built in the 70/80's you probably have aluminum doulble pane windows or had them before you give in to replacements. What I need is the little plastic or nylon shoe that keeps the bottom of the window from rubbing metal to metal. These parts are not the typical one found in Home Hepot. They are pieces that snap into the bottom of the frame around the glass pane. I know time is near for replacing these windows but for now this inexpensive part can save me a bundle.

Any help finding a place for these parts is greatly appreciated

Thanks,

Sefness

Old 06-15-2007, 08:28 AM  
sefness

Default Many Thanks

The window is a slider and you are correct, you do have the part which I have ordered already from Swisco. I did continue my search and still did not find the parts anywhere else in the city of Denver anyways. The problem with ordering from you guys is that the shipping cost is tremendously high. Any way around that, because I do intend to order more parts now that I've found you.

Thanks again,

Sefness

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnap View Post
What type of window is it? Double hung? Slider?

www.swisco.com

We specialize in replacement hardware.

Quick Reply