DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > DIY Home Improvement > Windows and Doors > Removing glass shower door frame

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-28-2013, 08:32 PM  
kok328
Supporting Member
HRT_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 94 Times on 83 Posts
Likes Given: 60

Not a good idea. The shower door is made of tempered glass and the edges are the weakest points. One wrong move and the whole door will turn into a pile of 1 million pieces of broken glass. Maybe clean out the track and apply some silicone to glue the track back on.
Post a pic so we can get a better idea of what the problem is and what the "hinges side" refers to.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-28-2013, 08:43 PM  
nealtw

Liked 677 Times on 606 Posts
Likes Given: 1200

Have you taken apart to see what let go? You may be able to just add a small angle bracket with a few pop rivits. In the mean time a few wraps of duck tape top tp bottom. With out the frame . the glass will fall out. Even if it is stuck right now it will fall out. It should be safety glass, tough stuff but don't bump the side or ends.

Old 07-20-2013, 02:01 PM  
wileeeb

July, 2013
Everything was going smooth on removing the first shower door side frame when about 2/3 of the way down I discovered some stupid jack_ _ s cemented/super glued one section of the frame to a piece of tile. Up until that point, using caulk remover, plastic scraper, thin knife and A LOT of effort, the caulking (guessinge 20 years old and hard as brick) was separating slowly from the wall without damaging the tile. But, due to the one piece of tile that cracked then remained stuck to the frame which is no longer attached to the wall, I will now have to learn how to replace and caulk one piece of tile. BUMMER

Old 07-20-2013, 02:03 PM  
wileeeb

Default shower door frame removal problem I encountered

July, 2013
Everything was going smooth on removing the first shower door side frame when about 2/3 of the way down I discovered some stupid jack_ _ s cemented/super glued one section of the frame to a piece of tile. Up until that point, using caulk remover, plastic scraper, thin knife and A LOT of effort, the caulking (guessinge 20 years old and hard as brick) was separating slowly from the wall without damaging the tile. But, due to the one piece of tile that cracked then remained stuck to the frame which is no longer attached to the wall, I will now have to learn how to replace and caulk one piece of tile. BUMMER

Old 09-05-2013, 05:37 PM  
egh1000

if I remove my shower door what can I use to fill in the holes from the screws

Old 09-05-2013, 07:06 PM  
nealtw

Liked 677 Times on 606 Posts
Likes Given: 1200

Shower and bath caulk.

Quick Reply