DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > DIY Home Improvement > Windows and Doors > Ultraweld Windows with Heat Mirror

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-28-2009, 08:48 PM  
brownsfan

Default Ultraweld Windows with Heat Mirror

Hello,
I am considering purchasing Ultra Weld vinyl replacement windows with Heat Mirror from Shelby Vinyl Products. Is anyone familiar with this window? It is my understanding that Heat Mirror glass has an R factor of 10. I like the product very much. Does anyone here have any experience with this window?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-28-2009, 10:01 PM  
glennjanie

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Send a message via AIM to glennjanie

Welcome BrownsFan:
Vinyl windows are made in almost every major city under as many different brand names. Therefore, it is almost impossible to keep up with all of them. Your best bet would be to find 3 different jobs that have been installed and ask the owners for their opinion.
Glenn

Old 03-01-2009, 07:11 AM  
jdougn

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Welcome brownsfan,

When evaluating vinyl windows all corners should be welded vinyl. If the corner uses a metal connector to hold it together it is a cheap window.

Also consider getting an approximate dimension of some of your windows. Take this dimension to your local big box lumber yard and look at their vinyl windows. Get product information, window pricing, and labor costs to install their vinyl window. This will give you a reference point for the windows you're looking at. Any competitors pricing should be relatively close.
hth, Doug

Quick Reply