DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > DIY Home Improvement > Garden and Lawncare > anyone tier a sloping yard?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-14-2009, 07:13 PM  
ct67_72

Send a message via AIM to ct67_72
Default anyone tier a sloping yard?

my yard is pretty sloped and Im thinking of making a patio area, thinking of doing tiers top and bottom and using the tiers as planters . I dont think i want to make one tall wall.
any pics would be appreciated

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-14-2009, 08:39 PM  
mudmixer
Contractor

Liked 44 Times on 36 Posts
Likes Given: 36

Look at the sites of the major segmental retaining wall licensors (Allan Block, Anchor Wall Systems, Keystone and Versalok). These sites have excellent ideas and information on installation. No concrete footings are required or permitted, so that makes things easier. All the different products work the same way and just have some different appearances.

Most every part of the U.S. and many foreign countries will have several different systems. the use of these is much more common than poured walls and you can go from 1' high up to 45' high.

Most manufacturers also make pavers in similar colors and shades.

Dick

Old 06-22-2009, 06:03 PM  
slownsteady
Supporting Member
HRT_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 139 Times on 120 Posts
Likes Given: 182

Grinnell Pavers - Home

Old 06-23-2009, 01:04 PM  
handyguys

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Send a message via Skype™ to handyguys

Thumbs up for Grinnell - I built a 45' long curved walk with their products - came out great. I am going to do a patio at some point and will use them again.

ct67 - I have a big grade change out the back of my house. The limitations are 45 INCHES in height depending on the specifications, footer and engineering. They can be taller but would require some special things, each mfg can tell u about that for their systems.

What I am going to do is a deck for my top level and a paver patio for my lower level. This will keep me from having to bring in heavy earth moving equipment, fill, etc.

The Handyguys Podcast [url]http://www.handyguyspodcast.com[/url]

Old 09-12-2009, 02:09 PM  
GrantC

When doing a terrace of several smaller retainingwalls are there any guidleines as to how far apart the individual walls need to be to be treated as separate walls from a height perspective? I assume if the upper wall is only set back a foot from the lower wall then they should be treated as a single wall but if you wanted to put in two walls of 45 inch height would you need 2 feet between them? Three?

Quick Reply