DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > DIY Home Improvement > Garden and Lawncare > Help me in gardening!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-09-2009, 06:03 AM  
stevensonjames88

Have you checked in the nearby nurseries. You can also try bonsai too. Its rare and all but once it grows it is very fulfilling. You can google how to grow this things in your area since this needs a lot of sunshine.

[url=http://www.getmoldremovaltips.com][b]Mold Removal Tips[/b][/url]

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-09-2009, 10:23 AM  
COGarageMan

The first plant I ever purchased that didn't die on me was a bonsai money tree (not braided) I bought from Target. That is one hardy plant!

It grew enormous which really felt like an accomplishment for me. You rarely have to water it and just have to make sure it gets some sunlight. Not too much though, or the leaves will burn and turn white.

I pour about 2 cups of water in it every couple of weeks and keep the window blinds open a little some sunlight gets in. It's funny too because the plant will grow towards the light. I used to spray the leaves every morning with a water bottle of water when it was young too.

I bought it 3 years ago and it still looks great.

[URL="http://www.garagedoorsco.com"]Garage Doors CO[/URL]

Old 12-25-2009, 11:15 AM  
stevensonjames88

^that's nice to hear Cogarageman.I love bonsai too and given the luxury of time I want to experiment on doing bonsai on normal trees like "guyabano and dalanghita" which are both natives here in my country.

[url=http://www.getmoldremovaltips.com][b]Mold Removal Tips[/b][/url]

Old 10-26-2010, 05:18 AM  
aaronbirk

Making your own garden is really very nice, In order to build a raised vegetable garden bed, an area of soil can be surrounded with bricks or wood, and this area should have a weed barrier and exposure to a full, hot sun. Gardening for food extends far back into prehistory.

Old 01-14-2011, 10:28 AM  
SirGSS

I have always maintained that an aloe is the easiest plant to get a feel for. It's hardy, doesn't require a huge a mount of maintenance, it's hardy, has a practical use if you ever need it, it's hardy, and it's easy to breed and replant.

Did I mention that it's hardy?

I'm a security analyst for [URL="http://www.tnhomesecurity.com"]Guardian Security Systems[/URL] in Nashville, TN. That's about it.

Old 05-06-2011, 07:59 PM  
East_Texas

Obviously she already knows that you are not a gardner, so why not tell her that you want to learn and ask HER to teach you. It can take a long time to learn how to grow a variety of plants, most gardeners I know teach themselves through trial and error over time. It will help your relationship and you both will learn a lot, about each other and about gardening.

Quick Reply