DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > DIY Home Improvement > Garden and Lawncare > Mice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lawnmowers

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-30-2010, 06:19 PM  
smcgill

Default Mice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lawnmowers

Has anyone find a way to keep the mice out of the engine covers of lawnmowers/snowblower etc.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-30-2010, 07:06 PM  
inspectorD
Housebroken
HRT_MODERATOR.png

Liked 120 Times on 100 Posts
Likes Given: 270

Default yup

I use the stinkiest dryer sheets I can find. I use them in my camper, snowmobiles and anything that sits for longer than a month at a time.
Others use moth balls, but I can't stand the smell....and dryer sheets are easy to remove from the mufflers and sit right flat in my air cleaners.

Good luck.

Just My
Made in the

Old 12-30-2010, 11:21 PM  
woodchuck

Liked 16 Times on 15 Posts

I've used aluminum gutter cover mesh to block access to air filters and wrapped wires with it to stop mouse damage. I use it in the grill of my cars to keep rocks from the road from damaging the condenser in front of the radiator.

Old 01-07-2011, 08:13 AM  
j-brew

Quote:
Originally Posted by inspectorD View Post
I use the stinkiest dryer sheets I can find. I use them in my camper, snowmobiles and anything that sits for longer than a month at a time.
Others use moth balls, but I can't stand the smell....and dryer sheets are easy to remove from the mufflers and sit right flat in my air cleaners.

Good luck.
All of those options are workable but nothing replaces mother nature. Get a cat or 2 and make them a home in your shed or garage (where equipment is kept). One month later you will not see any mice or rodents. They also like to eat bugs or anything small that moves.

Old 01-16-2011, 05:01 PM  
eokhuijzen

Default Best answer ever!

I had this problem and thought the solution sounded crazy but it works! And greatest of all is non-toxic to us!! Take a small flat bowl or plate with lip around it.....ao they can get in it but not "fall" in it or they will be scared to go by it or try to get in. Put some block cheese in it....like a chunk Then put in some table salt, white vinegar and dawn dish soap. Stir it a little to get the salt to disolve. Leave it in the area you dont want the mice. When they eat it it will kill them. The gross part is that they will die right away so you may have to pick up and throw away dead mice

This also works on creeping charley! If you have this problem and boy I did...you know that NO product out there kills it. So you mix this:

2 cups table salt
1 gal white vinegar
8 drops dan dish soap
stir it a little to get the salt to disolve

put this in a spray bottle and spray the creeping charley. It will kill any grass underneath it though so you have to "re-grass" the area.

good luck!

Old 02-15-2011, 03:26 AM  
frozenstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodchuck View Post
I've used aluminum gutter cover mesh to block access to air filters and wrapped wires with it to stop mouse damage. I use it in the grill of my cars to keep rocks from the road from damaging the condenser in front of the radiator.
That sounds good!

[I]“You can always get someone to love you, even if you have to [B]do it yourself[/B]”[/I]
[I][SIZE="1"][/URL][/SIZE][/I]

Old 03-31-2011, 06:43 PM  
Paul79UF

We had a problem with mice at a vacation home we rented recently.

I went out and got one of these "better mouse traps" and baited it with peanut butter in the garage.

It seemed to catch one mouse every few days and we never saw another one in the house.

[URL="http://www.paulstravelpictures.com/Articles/Home-Repair-Maintenance-Guides.htm"]My Home Repair Guides[/URL]

Old 05-23-2011, 12:37 AM  
lh66

I use metal mesh to block them out and it does a decent job

[URL="http://www.need2remodel.com"]Home Remodeling[/URL]

Quick Reply