Lisa, you really need to under stand the purpose of a plastic vapor barrier.
In the course of our day to day living we create water vapor, from cooking, washing, breathing and sweating.
Water vapor is held in the air, until the air comes into contact with a cold surface, like a mirror or window where it turns into condensation. In all other instances it is attracted to cold... if the inside of your walls is cold, then the water vapor moves into the walls and condenses there.
This causes mold and wood rot (that is why the cellulose they have fitted contains a mold killer)
The plastic vapor proof barrier is supposed to be installed between the frame and the T&G covering. (you will understand that the T&G has many cracks for the water vapor to flow through)