DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > DIY Home Improvement > Insulation and Radiant Barriers > Insulation

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-16-2012, 09:07 AM  
HelpRjbZero

Default Insulation

MY house is about 30 years old and has almost no insulation. Some blown in stuff still remains. In the summer it gets to about 100 degrees and in the winter it gets down to around 10. Humidity in the summer is between 60 and 80 percent. I am wondering what R value I need. Does it need the attached moisture barrier? What can I do with the existing blown in stuff?
Thanks.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2012, 09:31 AM  
oldognewtrick
HRT_MODERATOR.png

Liked 416 Times on 347 Posts
Likes Given: 135

Well, first off what type of construction is the exterior walls? How open is the attic area? What type of foundation are you sitting on?

Oh...and to House Repair Talk!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply