1. Is there any insulation that blocks out noise completely? No not completely.
2. What is the best way to find a professional? Yellow pages, recommendations/referrals Do they carry a certification for noise proofing? No
3. How much will this cost me? Depends on size of wall, condo associations issues (permits), contractor pricing, wall repair and refinishing and unforseen complications.
4. What can go wrong? Depends on the compentency of the contractor. Common walls between units are regulated by code (i.e.- Fire code).
5. How long does it usually take to noise proof a wall? Depends on contractor. Can I stay in my home during that time? Yes
6. Will I have to rip out my side of the wall? One side of the wall needs to come down.
7. How are outlets protected? Protected from what?