I have an oldish wooden window and frame in my bedroom, and the paint has worn off...and a small amount of mold has grown (not bad, but..) Obviously, rain water has been absorbed into the unpainted wood. I'm wondering what I should do to prepare the inside of the frame for painting, and also, is there a good paint or primer that will keep mold from growing? I am very sensitive to paint and chemical fumes, and it's a small room with only that one window, so fumes are an issue.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated! =)