DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > DIY Home Improvement > Painting Forum > Graco Proshot

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-03-2012, 05:42 PM  
imported_Workaholic

Default Graco Proshot

Anyone using these? How long have you been using them? How many gallons have you put through them?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-01-2012, 05:27 PM  
Schmidt & Co.

Haven't bought one yet Work. I'm kind of on the fence as I've read good reviews, and bad ones. There's no doubt that there are plenty of situations that this size sprayer would fit the bill. I just haven't committed yet.

Paul

Old 05-01-2012, 05:55 PM  
imported_Workaholic

I hear you. I stayed away from the first version because of the bugs and glitches. Then after a couple years I went with the FF version and if it burns out this year it will be bitter sweet. Bitter that it burned out but sweet that it came in so handy.

Old 05-01-2012, 06:00 PM  
Schmidt & Co.

Thanks. There have been plenty of days that I've thought to myself that a Proshot would have been handy. But my tool budget has kind of been taken up with Festool the last few months.

Paul

Old 05-01-2012, 06:06 PM  
imported_Workaholic

I hear ya. I bought the FF for just shy of 7 bills almost a year ago and I normally use it for garage doors, shutters, down spouts and porch railings with unthinned exterior. Like I said if it burns out this year it will be bitter sweet.

Old 05-01-2012, 07:10 PM  
mpminter
Contractor

I've got the FF model myself, and I spent a FULL seven bills on mine. I find that it sees alot more use during the exterior season on shutters and doors, although I have used it on a few interior jobs as well.

Old 05-01-2012, 07:39 PM  
Schmidt & Co.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpminter View Post
I've got the FF model myself, and I spent a FULL seven bills on mine. I find that it sees alot more use during the exterior season on shutters and doors, although I have used it on a few interior jobs as well.
Would you say its paid for itself? Any problems so far?

Paul

Old 05-01-2012, 07:55 PM  
imported_Workaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpminter View Post
That sums it up for me as well Jeremy. Exterior season is it so handy to pull out and always in the truck. I fired mine up again a little over a month ago and it is like it always is. I think the batteries die prematurely but that is one of the cons with battery operated stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidt & Co. View Post
Would you say its paid for itself? Any problems so far?
I can't speak for Jeremy but I have been using mine for a year and during Dec-Feb with almost no use but during these months in less than a years time it has been paid for spread out over all the exterior jobs I have used it on. I spread the cost of the tools out over a year so that it is not a big cost applied at one time. I have never used mine inside, usually if I am planning on spraying indoors I throw one of the real airless rigs in the truck.

Old 01-06-2013, 04:26 PM  
jtpaintalot

I do mostly new construction and repaints in and out and I'm torn between new proshot hd or fine finish! The hd is so pricy and heavy but the fine finish worries me for durability and psi at only 1500 max. I want either one to spray ext gables , baseboards, metal man doors ( only 2 -3 per house) and garage doors mostly. Any advice here would be appreciated thanks!

Old 01-06-2013, 10:38 PM  
imported_Workaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtpaintalot View Post
I do mostly new construction and repaints in and out and I'm torn between new proshot hd or fine finish! The hd is so pricy and heavy but the fine finish worries me for durability and psi at only 1500 max. I want either one to spray ext gables , baseboards, metal man doors ( only 2 -3 per house) and garage doors mostly. Any advice here would be appreciated thanks!
Welcome to the forum.

I could buy a new 695 for the price of the X-force HD. The HD is more industrial, not that it would not be nice in res or commercial. The PS is good if you have an airless already. It no way replaces a real rig but is nice to pull out when you want to spray a small amount.

Quick Reply