DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > DIY Home Improvement > Painting Forum > Music while Painting?




Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-14-2012, 07:48 PM  
imported_Workaholic
Senior Member
 
imported_Workaholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 310
Default

I am a headphone and sunglasses snob.



__________________
imported_Workaholic is offline  
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-14-2012, 08:27 PM  
Schmidt & Co.
Senior Member
 
Schmidt & Co.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 170
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Workaholic View Post
I am a headphone and sunglasses snob.
You an Oakley or Ray Ban guy Sean? I picture you a Oakley guy.


__________________

Paul

Schmidt & Co. is offline  
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-14-2012, 08:56 PM  
imported_Workaholic
Senior Member
 
imported_Workaholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 310
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidt & Co. View Post
You an Oakley or Ray Ban guy Sean? I picture you a Oakley guy.
There are some Oakley's I like but I am not a big fan of plastic lenses. I buy mostly Revo's have about 10 pairs floating around here and have been buying them for about 25 years.
__________________
imported_Workaholic is offline  
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-15-2012, 10:52 AM  
Austin
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I'm an aviator sunglasses guy. If they look good I wear them.

I spent good money on a pair once. Lost them in a week.

Never going to do that again.

__________________
 
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-15-2012, 11:44 AM  
Schmidt & Co.
Senior Member
 
Schmidt & Co.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 170
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Workaholic View Post
There are some Oakley's I like but I am not a big fan of plastic lenses. I buy mostly Revo's have about 10 pairs floating around here and have been buying them for about 25 years.
Revos, will have to check them out. I've always liked Ray Bans and lost my last pair. Was on a school job, and I set them down in one of the hallways. One of the parents must have grabbed them.

I've been needing a new pair and always liked the glass lenses of the RB's, but I've been reading reviews on Amazon that they are now plastic. Just got to clear the cobwebs of of the ole wallet and find a pair that I like.
__________________

Paul

Schmidt & Co. is offline  
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-15-2012, 02:31 PM  
Chris
Guru of nothing
HRT_MODERATOR.png
 
Chris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 962
Liked 64 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 25

Default

I have the aviator style now. Being half blind they need to be prescription and they wont make lenses for many of the styles.

__________________
Chris is offline  
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-15-2012, 04:06 PM  
imported_Workaholic
Senior Member
 
imported_Workaholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 310
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin View Post
I'm an aviator sunglasses guy. If they look good I wear them.

I spent good money on a pair once. Lost them in a week.

Never going to do that again.
I splurge on my shades. I keep some cheapies too for painting in but like I said I think I may be a snob in this area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidt & Co. View Post
Revos, will have to check them out. I've always liked Ray Bans and lost my last pair. Was on a school job, and I set them down in one of the hallways. One of the parents must have grabbed them.

I've been needing a new pair and always liked the glass lenses of the RB's, but I've been reading reviews on Amazon that they are now plastic. Just got to clear the cobwebs of of the ole wallet and find a pair that I like.
I recommend Revo's they have very nice polarized lenses and make a nice frame. I have a retro pair around here that cost me a few hundred and that people seem to be looking for on the bay and are willing to spend around 4-5 to get, I was thinking about selling them but hell then they are gone. I wear the 3050's and the 3079's the most right now.
__________________
imported_Workaholic is offline  
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-16-2012, 01:10 PM  
Austin
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Workaholic View Post
I splurge on my shades. I keep some cheapies too for painting in but like I said I think I may be a snob in this area.


I recommend Revo's they have very nice polarized lenses and make a nice frame. I have a retro pair around here that cost me a few hundred and that people seem to be looking for on the bay and are willing to spend around 4-5 to get, I was thinking about selling them but hell then they are gone. I wear the 3050's and the 3079's the most right now.
You're entitled to it. I've never had a good experience with them so I'm staying cheap for the moment. That may change though.

I have a pair of "fishing" glasses that are polarized. I love them on the water.

Keep my eyes from getting burned.
__________________
 
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-16-2012, 04:19 PM  
oldpaintdoc
Member at large!
 
oldpaintdoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 30
Default

I wear solar wraps as my only sunglasses.

They look kinda goofy but they block the most UV rays.

Plus they fit over my glasses.

__________________

Gebhardt & Company Painting
Allegan Michigan

oldpaintdoc is offline  
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-17-2012, 03:06 PM  
Austin
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

My wife wears the glasses wraps.

She doesn't like them but they seem to work.



__________________
 
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply


Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On