DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > DIY Home Improvement > Painting Forum > Paint color help for foyer/hallway

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-23-2009, 08:33 AM  
lulupalooza

Default Paint color help for foyer/hallway

Hi all!

I am looking for some color suggestions to repaint my foyer/hallway (both dark/narrow) and livingroom.

Right now the foyer/hallway is a pale sunlight yellow and the living room is a buttercream yellow (ralph lauren colors) w/ sage green sheers for curtains.

The rest of the house is done in the Spanish Mosses of Savannah color collection from Lowes. (diningroom/kichen light tan/beige and sage green).

I was thinking a light brown like a suede or ranchwood (from walmart colorplace). But I have a dark brown leather sofa and my fireplace is tan/brown made from flat rock with a dark brown mantel. I don't know if that would be way to much brown. Carpet is light cream colored through out house. Though will be replacing eventually with hardwood, minus the bedrooms. My house is small approx 1400 sqf. but an open plan moreless.

Any ideas/suggestions would be great!! TYIA

~L

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-23-2009, 10:40 AM  
glennjanie

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Send a message via AIM to glennjanie

Welcome LuluPalooza:
With the browns you already have and the hardwood to come, I would stay with a lighter color such as Off-White, pale Yellows or Pale Greens.
Glenn

Old 02-24-2009, 08:27 AM  
Daryl in Nanoose

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennjanie View Post
Welcome LuluPalooza:
With the browns you already have and the hardwood to come, I would stay with a lighter color such as Off-White, pale Yellows or Pale Greens.
Glenn
It is important on small and narrow rooms to keep the color lighter so I agree with Glenn 100%

[url]http://edhome.shawwebspace.ca/[/url]

Old 03-09-2009, 09:55 PM  
biscuitcraft

hi LuLuPalooza ! My living room is painted in Ranchwood now and it goes great with my dark leather sofa ! My fireplace mantel is also brown and my tile is also a light brown. My curtains and area rugs are a combination or deep mauves,sage green and other rich colors and I am very pleased with the appearance.

Old 03-13-2009, 01:51 PM  
SavvyCat

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 4

My favorite color these days is called Pony Tail, also from Lowes. It's one of those tan colors, but is not as dingy or gray as a lot of them. A bright tan, if you will, so it doesn't seem to close in as much as some other hues. It might go very well with your browns, yellows, and greens. I painted my living room and master bedroom with it, each with an accent wall of Crocodile Tears. (I think I bought my colors based on the names. )

Old 04-24-2009, 07:02 AM  
LeahAnns

Default Ranchwood

I noticed some people in the forum talking about Ranchwood paint from wal-mart...this is the color of most of my house. I went to my local WalMart and it is discontinued and I no longer have a can of it to do a color match or with the mixing codes on it...could some one help me if they still have some around??
thanks!
Leah-Ann

Old 04-26-2009, 01:58 AM  
joenusz

@Originator - Yes, light cool colors (greens, blues, purples, off-whites, whites) will open up your foyer and brighten.

@LeahAnns - Sherwin Williams may have the palette, in their paint selections, stored on the computer. Never hurts to check.

Quick Reply