DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > DIY Home Improvement > Painting Forum > What are good paint colours for basement

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-28-2010, 08:29 PM  
AnonaJean
Banned

you should go for good quality paint, like which is protected from scratches, and water and that kinda things, if your kids are gonna be there.you should take it in light colors, if you're deciding to cramp it with kiddie toys, and teenage video games and that knda thing.keep it on the darker shade if not.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-01-2010, 08:09 AM  
lenozhka

Even though white reflects light better than most colors, it doesn't add light to a space by itself. The only color that adds luminosity is yellow, period.

I recently wrote an article about choosing paint colors for dark rooms - I hope you'll find it useful:

Choosing Paint Colors for Dark Rooms

Yelena

[URL="http://www.housepaintingtutorials.com"][B][COLOR="DarkRed"]House Painting Ideas[/COLOR], [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Color Tutorials[/COLOR] [COLOR="SeaGreen"], Project Inspiration[/COLOR][/B][/URL]

Old 04-01-2010, 10:46 AM  
maxmillan

Default thank you

Thank you for your link. Very valuable info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenozhka View Post
Even though white reflects light better than most colors, it doesn't add light to a space by itself. The only color that adds luminosity is yellow, period.

I recently wrote an article about choosing paint colors for dark rooms - I hope you'll find it useful:

Choosing Paint Colors for Dark Rooms

Yelena

Old 06-27-2010, 11:54 PM  
peterson

I think you should applying a white, off-white or cream paint will brighten any basement. These colors work exceptionally well for basements that have extremely small windows.

[url=http://www.memorybits.co.uk/shop/compact-flash/samsung-8gb-35mbs-compactflash-memory-card-mbcp8g371/19159]8gb cf card[/url]

Old 08-08-2010, 03:01 AM  
arisyap

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxmillan View Post
The past tenant painted the basement a myriad of colors. The living room is lime green and the in-wall shelves are burgundy. The kitchen wall is a mix of burgundy and yellow. The bedroom is yellow. All the baseboards are white.

I want to choose more neutral colours such as light beige, eggshell, etc.

However, I want to make the basement brighter, mature and not look lived in by a teenager.

Any suggestions what colours to paint the wall so it will look classy? Should I also paint the baseboards a complimentary colour other than white? Should the ceiling remain white?
Well, since basement is the darkest area in your room, I suggest color white for your wall, as well as with your ceiling. This will allow the light to bounce about your room making the fullest use of lighting possible. And to add a classy look, you can choose the shade of white that have a hint of green, yellow, blue or pink.

Quick Reply