DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > DIY Home Improvement > Decorating and Design > Bedroom furnature placement. Need advice ???

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-08-2010, 10:12 PM  
acs108

Default Bedroom furnature placement. Need advice ???

Hi this is my bedroom at the moment http://i626.photobucket.com/albums/tt349/acs1088/roomlayout.jpg. I need to move the furnature in order to make more room to move, and make the place look better. I was in search of any suggestions on where to place the items. (It is a sunroom, and the two sides where it sais windows, are basically windows from the floor to the roof. I do like having light from them as this livens up the room up dramatically. Also in the picture I have under estimated the size of things, and there is less floor room (not by much) than I have actually put there. The door at the bottom opens up onto a terrace. Please take a look, and any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-09-2010, 09:57 AM  
granite-girl

What's a pianola? Does that cupboard sit in front of the windows ? What's it's dimensions ? And how high off the floor is the cupboard that goes into the wall ? I don't see much room for improvement. Maybe too many items in a crowded room....

Old 07-09-2010, 04:09 PM  
acs108

Default Thanks for your reply

Thanks for your reply. Uh a pianola is an old "semi automatic piano" if that makes sense. You push pedals which drives a scroll via air, which in turn pushed the keys down. Unfortuately I cannot get rid of it haha, and it is rather big and heavy. Anyway, the cupboard that goes off the wall is inbuilt, so there is no problem there. The wardrobe cupboard is about 75 cm out, by 1.5 m across. I'm not sure how tall it is but that doesnt matter.

Anyone else. I need advice ??????? It looks soooo cluttered at the moment, and I cannot get rid of anything. It is because of the layout. Thanks in advance.

Old 07-28-2010, 01:33 AM  
acs108

Default Thanks

Thanks for the reply, I got it sorted now. I was wondering however, where the best place to put speakers would be. I have recently gone out and brought 2 vintage national speakers (really big haha). I was going to put this with my stereo, and turntable. I know it is sort of off topic, but it is still to do with furnature placement. I know they must be in an equalateral triangle from memory from where you are sitting. What is the best place in a rectangular room. Thanks!

Old 08-06-2010, 03:12 AM  
ChrisVanities
Chris du Toit

Hi acs108,

I had a look at your layout. Why not put the pianola in front of the window and the cupboard against the wall? That way you could be looking out the window while playing on your pianola and the view from outside the window would be better than the backside of a cupboard. Maybe you can try this sometime.

Good luck.

Chris du Toit

[URL="http://getvanitiesforbathrooms.com/"]Get Vanities For Bathrooms[/URL]

Old 08-06-2010, 04:28 PM  
acs108

Default Thanks

Hi, thanks for the reply. I have fixed it now .

Quick Reply