DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > DIY Home Improvement > Decorating and Design > Home Decorating

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-07-2012, 12:24 PM  
TGMcCallie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffisher View Post
Yeah, I agree. Have your own style. But sometimes we do need inspirations from others. Like me- I'm clueless when it comes to this stuff.
Just don't go overboard as you are not the only person that will ever be viewing your creation. I have seen some designs that the designer just loved but they would possibly be the only one to do so.

I always try to keep it suttle in colors on the walls and keep the woodwork a off white with the ceilings the same color as woodwork. This way you can use color in your bedding, paintings, and bed pillows. Wooden floors always are very nice.

With this type of design you can always change up your design without having to completely paint the walls by changing out throw pillows and paintings etc.

Don't forget all people don't like wild colors and styles.

Also remember that bedrooms should be restful in appearance.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-23-2012, 03:23 PM  
bobtheblindguy

Unless you plan on selling, don't be afraid to use some color. My work brings me into thousands of homes and most keep it safe by using neutrals on the walls. I think colors that inspire you brings out the spirit of your home.

BobTheBlindGuy.com

Old 10-23-2012, 04:54 PM  
jmc0319

Liked 28 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Unfortunately I remember all these shows. There are a few I didn't see mentioned while non sitcoms still memories: Diver Dan (real cheesy cheaply made kids show), Moving On (Claude Akins was a trucker) and Dennis The Menace. Great memories we too still have many of them on tv here in Georgia

Old 10-23-2012, 05:14 PM  
jmc0319

Liked 28 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmc0319
Unfortunately I remember all these shows. There are a few I didn't see mentioned while non sitcoms still memories: Diver Dan (real cheesy cheaply made kids show), Moving On (Claude Akins was a trucker) and Dennis The Menace. Great memories we too still have many of them on tv here in Georgia
Oops went to the wrong topic

Old 10-28-2012, 09:54 PM  
roymartin

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by edongzki View Post
Decorating a home does not need to mimic others design and decoration. Decorating should be properly plan; it is not necessary to imitate those things that we see on TV and apply it in our home. Of course we should consider some things first before deciding to imitate the things that we have seen on TV.
Ya..getting inspiration about what we see on TV is not a bad thing. This is specially good for those who fall short of ideas..like me...when it comes to home furnishing ..i really get confused..But luckily there are some furniture stores that always help me out. I prefer Furniture zone & sleep shop. They really offer me interesting furniture designs.

Quick Reply