DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > DIY Home Improvement > Decorating and Design > RTA kitchen cabinets?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-08-2009, 01:41 PM  
kwmainer

Thanks for the comment/testimony. There are several kitchen cabinet places around here, but most seem to want to deal with custom or high end mansions (you know, with 15' ceilings and fancy stuff everywhere). Our house is 1960's, with 8' ceilings and in the kitchen, there's a 15" soffit due to an a/c installation (to make room for ducts). <sigh> Our needs are simple.

I will look around some more. Was that respectible cabinet dealer a national type? Would they have stores/branches in Florida?

Thanks
kwmainer

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-05-2010, 04:05 PM  
samj520

Here is a link to the RTA cabinets... rtacabinetstore.com. I have never used this product but I have used Ikea. Ikea's product is not real wood but it lasts forever. I have deliberately tried to destroy one of my cabinets to no avail. I don't know if Ikea would work for you but I can tell you I sure do like them.

Sam Johnson
[url]www.EverydayFaucets.com[/url]

Old 01-06-2010, 08:21 AM  
SJNServices

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I too have used IKEA cabinets -- "all assembly required", vague instructions and though I like the way they work and function, I don't think I would get them for my own place. One thing they did have going for them, that I really did like, is the way the upper cabinets are mounted to the wall. You simply mount a track into the studs and then lift the cabinet and hang it from the track. No need to find the studs through the back of the cabinet.

Last edited by SJNServices; 01-06-2010 at 08:44 AM.

Old 01-12-2010, 10:56 PM  
frozenstar

I rarely use RTA cabinets. But if the quality of the wood is good then I don't think it would be a big problem. You said that you can install it on yourself then that would be better. Make sure you have tools to do it. So that's all the advise that I can give.

Old 01-13-2010, 07:29 PM  
superjedi

Hmm, lots of info to digest. Hadn't checked this thread for a while.
We're still in the planning stages. Probably at least 2 to 3 more months before we start in on the actual rippage of the old cabinets.
It's the decision making process that's complicated. . . the actual work is much easier! LOL

Old 10-31-2010, 03:35 AM  
paulibra

Send a message via MSN to paulibra Send a message via Skype™ to paulibra

I am a RTA solid wood cabinet purchasing agent in China. In my experience, this kind of kitchen cabinets are usually made of plywood carcass plus solid wood door. sometimes the core of door would be MDF veneered though. I think they are durable enough for average user. But they may looks not as splendid as custom ones.

Quick Reply