DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > DIY Home Improvement > Decorating and Design > Staining Brick

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-21-2009, 02:14 AM  
j_ustic

Do you happen to know what product you used and about how much it costs? We were going to paint our ugly old orangey colored brick but if I could get it a different color that would be great! Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksidler View Post
My husband and I bought a house built in '72 and it had horrible, ugly brick on it. I found a great product online and it looks fantastic! It was a lot of work as we applied to each individual brick to save the color of the morter. It took the weekend, but totally worth it!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2009, 07:09 AM  
fuji0030

As far as the mortar, a lot of humans just stain over it too. It's just not account the agitation to affectation it off or use a adhesive or wax to repel the stain. Short nap rollers would be account trying. I did a chase like this with paint. I sprayed the adhesive with a gray and stipple brushed every individual abhorrent brick. It looked absolute nice if it was done, but my eyeballs were bridge by the time I was done. I couldn't brainstorm accomplishing an absolute abode like that.

Old 09-12-2009, 01:29 PM  
GrantC

We would be very interested in knowing what specific stain products people were happy with - particularly the one rated as 'fantastic' in the post above

Old 09-13-2009, 01:49 AM  
leeza09

After reading the posts i too feel like staining my bricks. i will be happy if anyone who have done it can share their picture to have a better understanding.

Old 09-17-2009, 06:31 PM  
ssadowski

I live in a cement brick house and am interested in staining...any suggestions. The house was built in the 60's and I have heard that this type of brick would stain well...thanks (its literally the color of cement)

Old 09-17-2009, 06:50 PM  
mudmixer
Contractor

Liked 44 Times on 36 Posts
Likes Given: 36

ssadowski -

NE lower Michigan? there are some concrete brick around there that embarrass clay brick when it comes to low absorption and high strengths.

Old 09-29-2009, 12:27 PM  
sndrprtt

What on-line product did you buy? Thanks!

Old 02-04-2011, 08:59 AM  
kramerk

Default stain brick

I have a ranch home that was built in the 60's. Three quarters of the house is red brick and one quarter is angelstone with a pink running through it. I would love to stain the angelstone to match the mortar inbetween the red brick. I thought that a green gray stain would soften the angelstone. Has anyone ever tried to stain angelstone? I too would like a recomendation on a specific product that has worked well on staining brick.

Quick Reply