DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > DIY Home Improvement > Walls and Ceilings > Drywalling: No studs in Corners

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-20-2007, 06:12 AM  
milbry18

Default Drywalling: No studs in Corners

I am drywalling over horse-hair plaster. In almost all of my corners on one side doesn't have a stud to attach the drywall to. Is there anything I will be able to do? I did liquid nails the sheets of drywall when I hung them, but some of the sheets still have some play. When I try to send a screw in the corner it goes in so far then stops. Would drywall nails work any better? Should I trying laying some glue in the corners? I saw on the interent they make tabs or stops, but i wasn't sure if i could use them after the drywall is hung? Or will the drywall compound hold it good enough? Thanks in advance!!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-20-2007, 06:58 PM  
inspectorD
Housebroken
HRT_MODERATOR.png

Liked 122 Times on 102 Posts
Likes Given: 298

Default Woops

You need to install a piece of wood to back up where you attach the drywall. Some places sell clips...ussually a big drywall supplyer, not big box stores.
When the drywall is already in and you push it and it moves....only one fix....spray foam insulation behind it.

Messy messy job.

Just My
Made in the

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply