DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum

DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum (
-   Walls and Ceilings (
-   -   home inspector (

restez1963 06-14-2011 12:36 AM

home inspector
I have a question i pretty new at this but from what i have learned this pic of the exterrior with horizantol crack means hydrostatic pressure , but i noticed my boss says not to through up red flags if not needed dont want to scare the agent and buyer . i mention the bowing in the wall in my report and he did not really think it was that big a deal . inside the crawlspace it looked fine am i making to big of deal on this , how would you guys report this? would you call for SE


inspectorD 06-14-2011 05:33 AM

Yes, any walls that bow, especially horizontal, need to be looked at by an engineer. Remember you are there to identify any problems, and call in the expert to quantify the issue, and recommend a fix.
Sounds like your boss works for the realtor, not the clients best interests.
I understand his position, of wanting to keep business going, however it's your ethical call.

No picture showed itself.:)

Certified, American Society of Home Inspectors, local chapter board member, and Mentor. Director of education, and 25years building contractor.

Welcome aboard.

nealtw 06-14-2011 05:45 PM

Scare the buyer, that's your job, he is paying you for that.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:41 AM.