DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > DIY Home Improvement > Walls and Ceilings > interior garage wall coating problem

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-13-2011, 07:17 PM  
raypunzel

Default interior garage wall coating problem

Hello,
I am experiencing a strange thing. My attached garage walls are dropping fist sized pieces of the textured finish. I used my propane heater to heat my garage in the winter when using my wood lathe. I also added lots of moisture by using the same heater to melt the snow stuck in the family xmas tree that was waiting to be brought in the house. Could these instances have compromised the sprayed on texture finish in my garage? What can I do to seal the finish as it looks as if it has not been sealed with paint or anything? BTW, The pieces are coming off the walls as well as the ceiling. Any help would be appreciated

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-14-2011, 06:37 AM  
joecaption

Liked 38 Times on 33 Posts
Likes Given: 2

The best thing you could do is not have any textered walls or ceilings. Imposible to clean, hard to paint and when it fails it's hard to match the old texture.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply