DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > DIY Home Improvement > Walls and Ceilings > Some advice for finishing a Bathroom ceiling

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-08-2012, 10:29 AM  
Jdowell

Default Some advice for finishing a Bathroom ceiling

Hi I'm new to the site so I don't know if this question was asked and other google searches didn't really answer my question.

So I'm in the process of remodeling My master bath. From past experience I've already upgraded my fan and since I needed a larger shower I took the bathroom to studs and risers. I've got the moisture resistant drywall and Durarock up. My question is What is the best way to finish the Ceiling. My wife want's me to put a layer of sheetrock up prior to painting, and I think I just want to paint with a Latex paint. Will either work or (With weak skimming skills ) is it ok just to paint?

Thanks
Joe

P.S. Yes I will post pictures when I'm done.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-08-2012, 10:37 AM  
joecaption

Liked 38 Times on 33 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdowell View Post
Hi I'm new to the site so I don't know if this question was asked and other google searches didn't really answer my question.

So I'm in the process of remodeling My master bath. From past experience I've already upgraded my fan and since I needed a larger shower I took the bathroom to studs and risers. I've got the moisture resistant drywall and Durarock up. My question is What is the best way to finish the Ceiling. My wife want's me to put a layer of sheetrock up prior to painting, and I think I just want to paint with a Latex paint. Will either work or (With weak skimming skills ) is it ok just to paint?

Thanks
Joe

P.S. Yes I will post pictures when I'm done.
What do you mean by risers?
What's on the ceiling now?
The sheetrock on the ceilings was suppost to go up before the walls where done.

Old 10-08-2012, 08:09 PM  
Jdowell

Sorry, My ceiling is the Moisture resistant Sheetrock. Which did go up first. Walls are mostly Durarock for tile. I meant a layer of Joint compound.

Old 10-08-2012, 10:05 PM  
nealtw
Contractor

Liked 796 Times on 710 Posts
Likes Given: 1358

The ceiling joints want to be filled and if you want a nice smooth ceiling , you will have to learn the skills and stay with it untill it it nice.

Quick Reply