DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > DIY Home Improvement > Walls and Ceilings > taking off plaster/ drywall without losing insulation

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-26-2010, 09:25 AM  
ISUzj

Default taking off plaster/ drywall without losing insulation

So in our home, we have a set of walls that I will need to do some rewiring in, and it seems that we will need to take a portion of the wall out (lower). These are walls that have the cellulose insualtion blown into them.

My question is... is there a wy to take the plaster/ wallboard/ drywall whatever it is off of the wall and try to be able to not let the insualtion fall out? I know it probrably isn't but thought someone on here may have expereinced the same thing and came up with a reaonsable solution for this.

Thanks

[CENTER]I am sorry, but "flippers" drive me nuts; Just because some girl in Cali did it on this one show and made 100K, doesn't mean you can do a half-job and turn a profit[/CENTER]

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-27-2010, 04:02 PM  
GBR

Liked 18 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 9

If it was done professionally (dense pack), it will probably stay mostly in place. If DIY done, it will all fall out because of different procedures and pressure at the install.

Gary

Old 10-28-2010, 08:20 AM  
ISUzj

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBR View Post
If it was done professionally (dense pack), it will probably stay mostly in place. If DIY done, it will all fall out because of different procedures and pressure at the install.

Gary
so its a 50/50 shot... it looks professional, I think we will try to take 1 panel off at a time and throw some 3 mil over it to keep it there.

[CENTER]I am sorry, but "flippers" drive me nuts; Just because some girl in Cali did it on this one show and made 100K, doesn't mean you can do a half-job and turn a profit[/CENTER]

Quick Reply