DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > Appliances > General Appliance Discussion > Another Dishwasher thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-15-2009, 06:01 PM  
bcurrey

Default Another Dishwasher thread

This is a popular topic, but mine seems to be a bit different from what i can tell.

I have a Maytag that's about 10 years old. It been leaking for the last month or so. Tonight I checked and it was completely drained. I then turned the "rinse" cycle on. The bottom filled and filled and then it started leaking out the right front side. I stopped it and turned it on the "drain" cycle and it all drained out with no problems.

Also, I tried just starting a complete cycle. It turns on. The bottom fills with water. Then it starts leaking just a bit and it arms kick on and start spraying and doing there job. All the while the bottom of the dw is full of water and trickling out at a pretty good rate.

I thought perhaps my water inlet valve or overflow switch was bad. So I got something to push and hold the overfill floater up. Then I turned on the rinse cycle and nothing happened. Does this mean my overfill switch and inlet valve are ok?

Any ideas what my problem might be?

Appreciate the help.

Last edited by bcurrey; 04-15-2009 at 07:43 PM.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-25-2009, 07:19 AM  
midunno

maybe the float is not "floating " enough? is there an arm that adjusts? could be that it slipped... just some thoughts.. i'm not any sort of expert

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply