DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > Appliances > General Appliance Discussion > Burning smell Gas Dryer

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-10-2013, 01:23 PM  
christymstwo

Default Burning smell Gas Dryer

Hi i have a gas dryer and had a burning smell coming from it about a week ago. My husband cleaned the vents and said they were clogged. he has turned the dryer back on and says it is ok. I am now afraid to use it. He did dry a full load and everything was ok after he cleaned it out. Do you think it is ok to run on a normal basis or am i being a freak about the whole thing?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-10-2013, 02:44 PM  
CallMeVilla
Contractor

Liked 379 Times on 297 Posts
Likes Given: 153

Being freaked is good .... allowing your vent to clog is bad -- it can catch fire.

I would suggest looking at the length and turns in your vent pipe. Two recent clients had absurdly long and convoluted vent "pipes." Flex line is particularly bad because it slows the air flow. You want as much smooth conduit as you can manage and avoid turning them straight up or having too many turns.

If you cannot manage those problems, then make hubby clean the vent pipes every three months. Make him some cookies as incentives.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply