DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > Appliances > General Appliance Discussion > Dishwasher Help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-25-2008, 08:51 AM  
s2horn

Default Dishwasher Help.

Hi All,

So recently i noticed our dishwasher was leaking. Last night I sat through a cycle to see where, thinking (and hoping) it was just the seals and I could replace it. Turns out its not.

My digital camera was on the fritz so I don't have a pic but the problem is a plastic tube running into the motor housing from the disposal. The motor housing is slightly rusted around the tube connection and it is dripping from there.

Is this something I can fix, should I make a service call or is the dishwasher toast (it is fairly old).

Hope the description was ok. Any help is appreciated.

Stuart.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-26-2008, 06:28 AM  
inspectorD
Housebroken
HRT_MODERATOR.png

Liked 122 Times on 102 Posts
Likes Given: 289

Default I opt for toast

The service call will cost you, as we all know. The issue is that there will be a follow up leak on another hose after you fix the decayed one.
I would go for a new dishwasher. They are much quieter, use less energy and water, and do a much better job on the dishes.

The new washers actually use less water than doing the dishes the old fashioned way by hand.

Enjoy shopping.

Just My
Made in the

Old 07-28-2008, 08:47 AM  
s2horn

Thanks InspectorD;

That's what I did on the weekend. New one coming this week.

Stuart.

Quick Reply