DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > Appliances > General Appliance Discussion > Dishwasher not draining completely

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-08-2010, 12:12 AM  
HandyWoman2

Default smelly dishwasher

After bleach, draining and hating my dishwasher, I have a fix! It was a really simple fix, the drain hose that goes into the disposal (or drain) has to be higher at some point than the disposal. There is a siphon effect when it's lower and pulls water from the drain. I raised it up and hooked it up to the bottom of the cabinet with a piece of coat hanger and it's not smelled or had water in it since.

Hope it works as well for others as it did for me. Ten minutes and a wire coat hanger beats a house call.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-24-2011, 02:05 PM  
charliemccain

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dots View Post
I'm also having problems with my dishwasher (same model I believe) not draining. I've looked at the Frigidaire Manual and it was no help.

The problem though is that once the cycle is done there is water at the bottom of the tub (at least a good inch of it), it's dirty and doesn't smell too pleasant either.

The first time it happened we cupped all the water out and ran a light cycle again. If we stopped the cycle in the middle the water would drain (except there was still water underneath the self cleaning filter) but it at least would not gather. However, if we let the cycle run all the way through the dry cycle the water would accumulate there.

We do not have a food waste disposer and I have no idea where the knockout plug to look for is. We've taken it apart and cannot find where a clog maybe, and when I empty a sink full of water it drains a little slow but nothing too noticeable.

Any tips?
This is "most user-unfriendly" site I've visited in awhile. See lots of questions similar to my own - but no answers seen or intuitive way to get answers. What a mess!!!! I'll check with other sites that are more userfriendly.

Old 09-24-2011, 02:23 PM  
oldognewtrick
HRT_MODERATOR.png

Liked 326 Times on 274 Posts
Likes Given: 113

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliemccain View Post
This is "most user-unfriendly" site I've visited in awhile. See lots of questions similar to my own - but no answers seen or intuitive way to get answers. What a mess!!!! I'll check with other sites that are more userfriendly.
Well, that sounds like a good plan. Hope it works out for ya, and thanks for stopping by.

Old 09-24-2011, 07:55 PM  
inspectorD
Housebroken
HRT_MODERATOR.png

Liked 95 Times on 82 Posts
Likes Given: 189

Default Hmmm

I hear ya!!...oh yeah, I think you get what you pay for around here..

But I could be wrong about that too.

Just My
Made in the

Old 10-07-2011, 06:02 AM  
Forsaken

Default Priceless Epic Response!! lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldog/newtrick View Post
Well, that sounds like a good plan. Hope it works out for ya, and thanks for stopping by.
~((( LMBO! Haaaa Haaaa Haaaaaaaaa!! Your str8 up "user-friendly" reply to ole cranky pantz was so genuinely funnieee, dat a whole mouthful of Mt.Dew bout came blastin out all over mah droid!!! I sometimes just simply don't remotely comprehend why peeps that for whatever reason can't be thankful for NOTHIN and somehow justify being so negative and ungrateful for TOTALLY FREE HELP & ADVICE!! My gosh man, just keep the useless comments in your piehole and move on! Geeeeezzz! )))~

Old 10-07-2011, 06:07 AM  
Forsaken

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliemccain View Post
If the site is that bad, why not simply keep on keepin on Charles!?! Geeeeezzz *Pointin to mah head* "I've got kidneys, I've got Kidneys"!! LOL!!

Old 10-07-2011, 06:16 PM  
oldognewtrick
HRT_MODERATOR.png

Liked 326 Times on 274 Posts
Likes Given: 113

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsaken View Post
If the site is that bad, why not simply keep on keepin on Charles!?! Geeeeezzz *Pointin to mah head* "I've got kidneys, I've got Kidneys"!! LOL!!
Give ol Charlie a break, he was probably just having a bad day or maybe just over compensating for other inadequacies in his life.

Old 10-08-2011, 12:33 AM  
Forsaken

Yeah, you're right....."Dual Inadequcies Disorder"!! LOL

Old 09-29-2012, 09:08 AM  
bostondon

short term solution--just run the rinse only cycle--water is not in bottom afterwards, but still colelcts in bottom on normal wash cycles.

Old 09-29-2012, 10:10 AM  
Wuzzat?

Liked 141 Times on 128 Posts
Likes Given: 80

I thought the end-of-cycle water is there to prevent the seals from drying out.

Charlie should check out YouTube for unfriendliness, where posters argue over what woman sings better than what other woman. They pretty much all sound good to me.

Last edited by Wuzzat?; 09-29-2012 at 10:17 AM.

Quick Reply