DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > Appliances > General Appliance Discussion > Fridgidaire washer shakes - bad

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-09-2008, 07:37 AM  
storyg
Duster

Default Fridgidaire washer shakes - bad

Our front load washer is about 2 years old and it worked fine. Then it was moved to the left about 3 to 4 feet so a water system could be put in. I leveled it front to back and diagnoal. When it starts to spin depending on how heavy the load is it will shake. With a heavy load it will jump sometimes moving a foot forwards or sideways. As I said it is level and all the feet are contacting the floor with no movement when I try to rock it by hand.

Thanks for any help.
Gary

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-09-2008, 06:58 PM  
woodchuck

Liked 17 Times on 16 Posts

Get access to view the bottom works. There should be three points of support for the drum with springs or clamps holding it. One probably came loose or broke or is out of position.

Old 09-09-2008, 07:22 PM  
inspectorD
Housebroken
HRT_MODERATOR.png

Liked 122 Times on 102 Posts
Likes Given: 286

Default Also

I have had my bluejeans on one side of the spin cycle. That makes the washer really jump no matter what you do. I had to move the clothes around.

Just My
Made in the

Old 09-11-2008, 07:39 AM  
storyg
Duster

Thanks woodchuck
I will try looking at the supports. As far as the clothes being out of balance on my washer it starts to spin and if they are out of balance it spins real slow so the clothes re-arange themselves and trys again. It will do this several times untill the load is balanced and then spins out.

Quick Reply