And remember that there are parts inside the microwave that can severely shock you even after the microwave is unplugged. So be careful if you try to fix it.
Our first microwave was this little thing we got second hand for helping someone move. Who knows how old it was, but it lasted us many years and I think we may have given it way working. Now, you are lucky to get 3 years on one. What is the better deal? $200 for 20 years use or $60 for 3 years? But you also must pay $10 or $20 to dispose of them!