DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > Appliances > General Appliance Discussion > Glasstop range burner problem

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-25-2009, 04:35 PM  
naikdars

Default Glasstop range burner problem

We have a Kitchen-aid glass top electric cooking range. The front right burner has stopped working, the other three burners seem to work fine. What do you guys think is the problem.

Is it the heating element? Is there a fuse or something for each burner. How difficult is it to replace the heating element? Where can I buy the element?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2009, 08:17 PM  
woodchuck

Liked 14 Times on 13 Posts

With a really bright light you can see through the glass to see it the if the element is burned into.
Plug you model number in at this site to see your parts and diagrams for most models.Appliance Parts From PartSelect | Repair Parts For Major Appliances

Or google appliance parts for more to compare prices.

I've replaced mine twice and it's not hard. May be instructions with parts.

Old 03-27-2009, 08:45 PM  
applianceman

It can be the burner and you may be able to check it like woodchuck said but the switches go bad a lot more often on glass tops. To check the burner first disconnect power then remove the back of the range to access the back of the switch. Once off, look at the back of the switch to the burner that’s not working. You should see two wires marked H1 and H2 remove them. Then using an ohmmeter see if you have continuity between the two wires that you just removed. If you do the burner is ok, replace the switch.

Quick Reply