DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > Appliances > General Appliance Discussion > Weird fisher & paykel drain problem

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-18-2012, 08:17 AM  
JanetSchwartz4

I use my dish drawers only as drain racks -- I never use the dishwasher for its actual purpose. Evens so, my bottom drawer collects with water that never evaporates over night. (My top drawer works fine.) Can someone please tell me what I should do? The unit is only 2 weeks old. I can't imagine that anything is stuck, anywhere, as I have not used soap, and the dishes are totally clean when they go in there to dry, and the unit is only 2 weeks old.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-27-2013, 01:57 PM  
joegrent

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnddude View Post
As previously stated, check the drain loop height, too low and it will back-drain into the tubs. Also, do you know how to strip all of the tub contents and clean it out? It may be contributing to the problem. It is easy to do....remove the silverware tray, then the entire wire rack, tipping it up from the REAR first. Then just remove the spray wand, it just sits there. Then rotate counteclockwise (I believe) the securing ring on the large stainless steel bottom and remove it entirely along with the debris filter. You will be amazed at how filthy it will be under there! Clean it well, remove all standing water with a sponge, reassemble everything in reverse order, CHECK THE DRAIN HOSES LOOP HEIGHT, THE TOP OF WHICH SHOULD BE AS HIGH AS THE HEIGHT OF THE UNIT IF POSSIBLE, then run a fast, non-eco cycle with a bit of soap and no dishes to clean the unit out. This has always worked for me. There is a really good forum site for Fischel-paykel I know of, mostly people bitching about how FP is garbage, but there is a treasure-trove of how-to-fix FP problems on it by the few believers who know how to keep this unique units running well.
Care to share the links? I also PM'd you

Old 01-28-2013, 09:06 AM  
joegrent

From the PM

http://www.appliancerepairlesson.com/forum/

http://www.ukwhitegoods.co.uk/help/fix-it-yourself/fault-codes/dishwasher-fault-codes/3103-fisher-a-paykel-dishdrawer-fault-codes.html

Old 03-01-2013, 07:10 PM  
bugbee

Default Fischer Pakel dishwasher drain issues

I have really liked my stacked Fischer & Pakel dishwashers.
Have been using them for going on 8 years now, did upgrade the hose parts in the draws and have had to replace the motor Rotor once so far.
My question: the top drawer has not been draining? Cleaned and checked everything and seems to be in good condition? Why has this not been a problem until recently? Do you have to have use an air gap?
When I 1st installed these dishwashers I did not put in the air vent as the instructions did not call for it. I know some cities have that as code but I sure like my soap dispenser more than an air lock gadget on the counter. Could this be the issue?
Thanks for all this great networking!

Old 05-04-2013, 05:00 PM  
Enviro

I have a bottom draw which will not drain when pushed in. Thought it might be a hose kink. Did the hold lock and pause/start for 5 sec work my way through to P1 and pressed the lock button and the drawer drained. Filled it with water and did it again pushed in and it drained. Put it back in auto did a rinse and no drain? WHY does work in test mode but not auto?

Quick Reply