DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum

DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum (http://www.houserepairtalk.com/forum.php)
-   Refrigerators (http://www.houserepairtalk.com/f113/)
-   -   Ice Maker Not Working (http://www.houserepairtalk.com/f113/ice-maker-not-working-13334/)

laker59 02-29-2012 10:02 AM

Ice Maker Not Working
 
I recently purchase a 10 year old Amanda Refrigerator with an Ice Maker. When I connected the water supply line to the refrigerator, I noticed water leaking at the bottom. Further investigation I noticed that the water valve was leaking so I bought a replacement valve. Then after replacing the water valve the Ice Maker was still not making Ice. I notice no water in the water tray. Thinking it might be the Ice Maker I went an bought a new Ice Maker. I still have no ice. It seems the water valve and Ice Maker are not communicating. What's next?

jeff1 03-01-2012 07:12 AM

Hi,

Quote:

What's next?
Make: Amana
Model#: ??

Quote:

Ice Maker Not Working
How?
Is the icemaker running but not filling?
Sitting there dead?
Stuck part way through a harvest?

jeff.

itiswhatitis1 03-05-2012 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by laker59
I recently purchase a 10 year old Amanda Refrigerator with an Ice Maker. When I connected the water supply line to the refrigerator, I noticed water leaking at the bottom. Further investigation I noticed that the water valve was leaking so I bought a replacement valve. Then after replacing the water valve the Ice Maker was still not making Ice. I notice no water in the water tray. Thinking it might be the Ice Maker I went an bought a new Ice Maker. I still have no ice. It seems the water valve and Ice Maker are not communicating. What's next?

Is there water to the refrigerator. If not that what wrong.

woodchuck 03-13-2012 02:02 PM

swap the wires on the water inlet valve. that way when you try the water dispenser the water should come out the ice maker fill tube behind the ice maker. this will let you know if the valve is working and if the water line is clear and not frozen. with the water in the ice maker see if it dumps the ice after it's frozen.

laker59 03-14-2012 10:32 AM

Thanks for all of the advice. I'm happy to say the ice maker is working and making ice but the problem I having now is that it takes about 12 hours or longer to make a tray of ice. I have checked the freezer temp. and its currently between 0 -5 degrees. Any ideas?

jeff1 03-15-2012 06:50 PM

Quote:

I'm happy to say the ice maker is working and making ice
What was the trouble maker?

Quote:

the problem I having now is that it takes about 12 hours or longer to make a tray of ice.
Freezer not cold enough, must get below 15F to cycle the icemaker.
Not much in the freezer ( warms up too quickly ).
Poor/low water pressure ( at the refrigerator, not neccessarily at the kitchen tap or the whole house! ).
Bad icemaker.
Wand arm hitting something.

Quote:

I have checked the freezer temp. and its currently between 0 -5 degrees
Temp should be ok :)

jeff.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:15 AM.