DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > DIY Home Improvement > Cleaning > Carpet cleaning

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-01-2013, 09:23 AM  
donald73d

Default Carpet cleaning

When looking for a PRO, what type of machine should the PRO have? Normal home carpeting. I was thinking a truck mounted machine with a wand, not rotary.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-10-2013, 05:41 AM  
bud16415
Fixer Upper

Liked 269 Times on 215 Posts
Likes Given: 95

I haven’t had any cleaned in a number of years after I changed everything over to hard surfaces. But yes the big van mounted guys do the best job IMO. Most of them offer a service to scotch guard after they clean and I recommend that. Reason being is I have seen firsthand how good that works to keep the dirt from working down into the carpet. It works different than you would first think as when you have it treated it gets dirty and needs cleaned again about twice as fast as if you didn’t have it treated. That is the dirt doesn’t seem to be able to work down in. so you will be cleaning more often but the results will really get the carpet clean.

That’s my take on it anyway.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply