DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum

DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum (http://www.houserepairtalk.com/forum.php)
-   Cleaning (http://www.houserepairtalk.com/f114/)
-   -   What is this on my floor? (http://www.houserepairtalk.com/f114/what-my-floor-11583/)

Michael121 06-22-2011 04:27 PM

What is this on my floor?
 
I saw this on my floor today in a bedroom.

I tried to clean it up with a napkin and tried not to breath. When I touched it it disintegrated. There is nothing else in the house like this and I've ever seen anything even remotely similar to it before.

Does anyone know what it is? Where did it come from? Is it dangerous? How do I get rid of it?

Thanks!

http://i.imgur.com/139re.jpg

inspectorD 06-23-2011 01:46 PM

Fungus
 
You need to remove the carpet, and find where the water to let this grow is comming from.
Call in a professional.:2cents:

Michael121 06-23-2011 04:51 PM

A professional of what? The house is pretty clean, with the exception of some recurring mold on the windows from condensation.

I have googled around and looked at all different pictures of mold but haven't seen anything that grew off the wall and floor like this.

Is it mold, fungus, some sort of insect/animal thing?

nealtw 06-23-2011 05:22 PM

There are hundreds of molds and you need a mold expert.

Michael121 06-23-2011 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nealtw (Post 58188)
There are hundreds of molds and you need a mold expert.

Ok I will do that. Thanks guys, appreciate it.

TxBuilder 06-24-2011 02:43 PM

It looks like a piece of shredded leather. I have never seen anything like that. Interesting. Let us know what the professionals say. I am very curious!

Bryanatkinson 06-30-2011 09:41 PM

From the picture I doubt it's mold. I'm pretty sure that it's just inner part of your carpet.
Just flip up the carpet and see what's happen.

About the possibility that it would be mold. Don't worry too much.
Mold is not that dangerous of you don't eat them.
A normal fabric face mask is sufficient to protect you from the spore.

byoung 07-12-2011 09:06 AM

I would be concerned and have it checked out. I am also curious to know what that is.

JTGP 07-14-2011 07:29 PM

Remove the base board!

Knife and a wedge bar

rachellemary 06-25-2012 01:43 AM

I think itís a mold and now itís time to contact to the professionals. They will give you proper suggestions.


nassau county flooded basement help


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:12 PM.