DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum

DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum (
-   Flooring (
-   -   Ceiling / roof repair - who do I get in? (

ajmas 07-22-2008 12:11 PM

Ceiling / roof repair - who do I get in?
I am living in an apartment on the last floor of a small apartment building. The ceiling is a "cathedral ceiling", in that it slopes down from the left of a mezzanine down to the level of the window. In the middle there is an arched window which the ceiling is designed with giving an v shape down the middle.

After the winter I noticed evidence of water infiltration (I live in Canada), though I am not sure how to go about trying to find the cause. While I am happy to do DIY I am feeling this is something that will need a professional. The only catch is which one? Should I be getting a general building inspector to come in and look at the issue, in order to get the right type of contractor in, or should I being making use of a roofing contractor?

glennjanie 07-22-2008 01:50 PM

Welcome AJmas:
I would get a roofing contractor. They should be familliar with the problem and be able to fix it rather easily.

handyguys 07-23-2008 01:40 PM

Yep, roofing contractor unless the leak is around window flashing. Once the leak is fixed then interior repairs can begin.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:46 AM.