DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > DIY Home Improvement > Flooring > Mold please help

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-21-2008, 10:48 AM  
sp9659

Default Mold please help

Hi my name is sean and I have a bit of a problem a piece of elbow pipe sprung a pin hole leak in my drywall a few days ago I just cleared out the room and fixed the leak but it ruined my drywall and my carpet in the entire room, when I pulled up the carpet and padding I found that there was some mold on the sub floor and that the water had raised part of my floor in the upper left hand corner slightly there is also mold on the 2X4 where the problem had started I was hoping that someone in here could help me with both these problems I have read a few different ways to get rid of mold but none of them sounded that promising, does anyone know if there is a way to like maybe seal it and stop it from spreading or any ways to clean it someone told me vinegar maybe? please any help or input would be great the mold is maybe 1 foot by 1 foot if that on one part of my sub floor and then on the 2X4 its about half way up the wall also if anyone has any tips on how to get my floor level again that would be great as well thanks everyone I look forward to seeing the responses!!!!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-13-2008, 03:19 PM  
fixer47

Default mold help

I used to work for a company that specalized in water damage. First they would take out the moldy or wet carpet (clean or replace)then they would scrub the moldy area with a cleaner called TSP. After the area was cleaned by hand they would eather spray the entire area with a mold treatment I cant remember the name off hand. But they would also use bleech(about half and half with water) Use a sprayer, the kind for spraying weeds in your yard. Or even an old windex spray bottle will work. After all that is done run fans and a dehumidifier the area must dry out. I have gotten sick from mold before and it was not fun at all.
Good luck (vinegar isnt strong enough to kill the mold)

Old 02-12-2010, 10:41 PM  
Bud Cline
Tile Contractor

Lance why are you responding to a thread that is 18 months old? Just curious.

[SIZE="1"][B][COLOR="Blue"][CENTER]Some days I aspire to becoming a missing person.[/CENTER][/COLOR][/B][/SIZE]

Quick Reply