DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > DIY Home Improvement > Flooring > Mosaic tiling noob

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-08-2007, 10:49 PM  
crapbathroom

Default Mosaic tiling noob

Hi,

I am starting to tile my floor in my upstairs bathroom, there are some low spots in my floor but they are not low enough to be fixed by beefing up the floor. My real question though, is how to start my tiling! I have a bathtub in an alcove to tile around, a toilet, and some pipes by the vanity. I am working with mosaic tile in a honeycomb and diamond pattern that is backed by mesh from Home Depot. How should I start my tiling? Do I have to centre it on the floor? or can I just start in the corner? This is much different from tiling my shower enclosure! Help!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-10-2007, 11:58 AM  
Big Red

You don't have to worry so much about centering when using mosaics. But I would be careful and maybe do some dry laying to be sure you don't end up with some little tiny piece that can BARELY be cut, or that looks just terrible.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply