DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > DIY Home Improvement > Flooring > My laminate floor moves when you walk on it

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-09-2009, 09:32 AM  
Rich P

As stated, you can loose your warranty. The purpose of the underlay is to help deaden sound when on the floor, and to take up any minor imperfections in the sub floor. The 2 in 1 underlay is also a vapor barrier in situations where it is required.
You can expect some flex in the floor until the underlay compresses. This will only happen with time and use. If the flex is in one area and not in others, you should check the sub floor for being flat. I can not say what the specs are on the floor you are installing because it is different for each manufacturer. Most allow only 3/16 to 1/4 inch of change in 10 ft.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-17-2010, 07:14 PM  
Stirlingacre

Default Laminate flooring

I had the same problem but a few finishing nails cured the problem. I would get a couple locked together and then go to lock in the next and it would pop out somewhere else. I was so frustrated. So, I used finishing nails. I know the warranty is not good now but let's face it-how many of us use the warranty if the flooring is good for a reasonable length of time? I was going to have to pack it out to the truck and take it back if I didn't come up with a solution. Anyway, it worked for me and the floor doesn't float either..lol

Old 09-04-2010, 10:31 AM  
davidHandyman

You mentioned that you were "in the process" of laying down the floor...my experience with the floating floor is that it does not shift once it is completely layed down. It will tend to move a bit with the first few planks you snap together, but the more that gets assembled, the heavier and solid the floor becomes.

So any followup after all thats said and done?

_________
[URL="http://www.suitebase.com"]Suitebase: Buy, Sell, Rent... Your Condo Community![/URL]

Quick Reply