DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > DIY Home Improvement > Flooring > Question on Cornerbead around Closets

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-04-2009, 09:32 AM  
RESMom

Default Question on Cornerbead around Closets

I need some opinions please. I hired a small jack of all trades type company to re-drywall my newborn daughter's room. I hired them before Christmas and the 10x12 room still isn't complete but that is a different story. Anyway, on Monday they reported they were complete and had packed up their suppliers. When I got home and into the room I was not happy with what I saw. First of all, all the seams had cracked so there was the first upset phone call. Then, I noticed that the external corners in and around the closet had no cornerbead on them. When I called them back they said they have been doing drywall a long time and unless I specify that I want cornerbead then it doesn't get done and I should just put up trim on the outside of the closet and ignore the unfinished part inside the closet.

That doesn't sound right to me - never would I have thought I had to specify that I wanted those external corners finished. Is it standard practice to leave the external corners of a closet unfinished like that?

Thanks for any advice!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-04-2009, 03:56 PM  
inspectorD
Housebroken
HRT_MODERATOR.png

Liked 110 Times on 91 Posts
Likes Given: 234

Default Hmmm

Sounds like shady dealings to me. What does your contract specify. You need a good contract and a start and finish date in CT. Fl has even stricter rules. Try to fix it with them first, then get a Dept of consumer protection complaint....then a lawyer.

Just My
Made in the

Old 02-04-2009, 07:47 PM  
Deacon
Custom Home Builder

I just ran across this problem ....... WOW, remind me never to hire a drywaller from Orlando. I agree with Inspector D ... Happy Lawyer !

Tags
cornerbead, drywall

Quick Reply