DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > DIY Home Improvement > Flooring > Repair of damaged external sheathing

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-04-2007, 03:14 PM  
Shark

Default Repair of damaged external sheathing

I am new to your site and am in need of assistance.

I have gutted a bathroom to the studs. On the exterior wall of the bath, there is a section where the external sheathing has failed. I can see through to the back of the brick exterior. I have used bleach to remove the mold and applied a product to prevent future mold growth. Now I need to repair the hole and prevent future water intrusion.

I know I cannot just use foam to fill the hole because I need the air gap. I was thinking of afixing a water resistant sheathing type material to the interior of the external sheathing and siliconing around the hole as I install it.

Is this a realistic fix, or is there a better way? Would an insulation board be appropriate for this job? I plan on staying in the house, so don't want to redo the bath in a few years due to water damage.

Thanks for your help.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply