DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > DIY Home Improvement > Flooring > Sleeper Floor

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-09-2009, 01:49 PM  
SteveP57

Default Sleeper Floor

My wife and I just bought half of a duplex with an unfinished (1400 sq ft) basement. There is already an egress window installed so it is up to code and ready to be finished off. Part of the basement will will be my woodworking shop while the rest will be finished as home theatre and craft/extra bedroom. I would like to put in a sleeper floor in for all but the shop which will be epoxy on the concrete floor. How would I do the framing for the shop walls since it would be sleeper (raised) floor on one side and concrete on the other? I see it as 2x4 - 3/4" fill to equal the subfloor - wall framework 2x4. Would this be correct?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply