DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > DIY Home Improvement > Flooring > Thinset for Backsplash

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-30-2008, 06:11 AM  
cibula11

Default Thinset for Backsplash

We are using 2.5 x 4 " ceremic subway tiles for our backsplash in our kitchen. I picked up some premixed thinset that is listed for wall applicatiion, but I wanted to make sure I am using the right stuff. The previouse backsplash looked like they used a sort of glue instead of a cement based product. Should I do the same or is my thinset the way to go?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-30-2008, 09:06 PM  
TileGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cibula11 View Post
We are using 2.5 x 4 " ceremic subway tiles for our backsplash in our kitchen. I picked up some premixed thinset that is listed for wall applicatiion, but I wanted to make sure I am using the right stuff. The previouse backsplash looked like they used a sort of glue instead of a cement based product. Should I do the same or is my thinset the way to go?
Either or is fine when it comes to a backsplash. I like to use a high grade mastic so I dont have to worry about spacers or it drying to fast. Have fun with it ! Backsplashes are IMO fun to do.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply