DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > DIY Home Improvement > Decks & Patios > Concrete Patio - Flooring Suggestions

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-13-2012, 09:12 PM  
surfside

Default Concrete Patio - Flooring Suggestions

I recently bought a home with some fixer-upper items - nothing major. One of the items is the front porch. It is a concrete slab poured onto a cinder block foundation that has been back-filled. Below the patio surface, the cinder block is still exposed on the front (view from the front and sides), so it looks unfinished. The concrete slab has been brushed, so as to provide a slip-free surface, therefore it is not completely smooth. There is no "lip" at the edge of the slab, which might help, so that I could just put stone on the the face of the cinder blocks and leave the concrete slab exposed.

Having described all of that, I am trying to get some advice from people who have done this before. Can anyone provide some suggestions for what they think would be a good finishing solution for either the porch floor and/or the cinder block face. Maybe there is a link or two that you could provide that might have some examples. I have searched Google for some ideas, but I am hitting a cinder block wall.

Thanks in advance for any help/suggestions that you can offer!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-14-2012, 07:41 AM  
joecaption

Liked 38 Times on 33 Posts
Likes Given: 2

May want to concider Parging or applying Faux stone instead of real stone of the face of the concrete block.
http://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images?_adv_prop=image&fr=slv8-w3i&va=parging+foundation+wall

http://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images?_adv_prop=image&fr=slv8-w3i&va=faux+stone

Old 03-14-2012, 06:41 PM  
nealtw
Contractor

Liked 837 Times on 748 Posts
Likes Given: 1451

http://www.buildingblocksco.com/jewel-stone-photos.htm

There are people that do some nice work.

Quick Reply