DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > DIY Home Improvement > Decks & Patios > Forum Member Experience with Glass Panleled Railing System

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-30-2013, 01:26 PM  
Curmudgeon10
Projects

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Forum Member Experience with Glass Panleled Railing System

So I am re-decking and re-railing our deck this spring. We have a great view over landscaping down to a good sized community pond. My wife hates the vinyl covered 1x1 balusters we have now due to view blockage. We have been kicking around the idea of using one of the railing systems that uses tempered glass panels. I saw one the other day that didn't even use a solid glass panel, but rather 4 inch wide or so glass "balusters" with air spaces between.

Does anyone out there have a glass panel railing system? What has been the experience with wear and tear, and most importantly --- keeping it clean?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-31-2013, 09:21 PM  
nealtw
Contractor

Liked 849 Times on 758 Posts
Likes Given: 1465

They are populer out here and not much problem. Pressure wash in the spring.

Old 11-23-2013, 06:56 AM  
Getdecked

I prefer a brand known as railblazers. They have solid panels for 6' sections as well as panels for 4' sections. They also have the strips you saw. I would recommend the strips if you are doing it yourself and don't build for a living, they are easier to figure out for placement. Just remember no gap should be over 4" as per code. I get the material from home depot. It is a little expensive but looks great when finished.

Quick Reply