DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > DIY Home Improvement > Bricks, Masonry and Concrete > Bricking a house that already has siding

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-29-2013, 10:19 AM  
RobertSC

Default Bricking a house that already has siding

I've been told we need a "freeze board" for the masons to run the brick behind going up to the soffitt. Would this product work in lieu of the "freeze board" and bed molding etc?

http://www.exteriorsolutions.com/p-247-6-1316-in-h-x-3-18-in-scalloped-tooth-dentil-trim-4-ft-length-fade-resistant-vinyl-8pack.aspx

I'm considering it for simple facts I won't have to paint it, it's only one piece to deal with, and it won't rot. Any post build bricking tips would be greatly appreciated too.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-29-2013, 06:58 PM  
nealtw

Liked 538 Times on 488 Posts
Likes Given: 998

I don't see why that wouldn't work unless it precludes the venting needed in the attic.

Old 05-02-2013, 03:01 AM  
BridgeMan

Liked 62 Times on 57 Posts

The linked product comes in colors, which means you're paying for something to look pretty. Which doesn't make sense, since it will be hidden by new brickwork, yes?

What ever happened to installing just a good layer of 30-lb. builder's paper (felt)? Or am I missing something?

Quick Reply